Point your browser to our Links tab to find our most recent HFA Newsletter!
Remember to become a friend of the Home for Friendless Animals on Facebook!
$100,000 Shelter Challenge
Once again, We are asking for your support in helping win the $100,000 challenge that started today (Jan 10 2011) on The Animal Rescue Site: http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/click
1. Click on the purplish box "click here, it's free to give" (clicks provide bowls of food to shelter animals and you can continue to click outside of the challenge)
2. top of center pane, right is a "vote now" - click on that
3. in the center pane of this page is where you enter who you want to vote for:
1. Name: Home for Friendless Animals
2. Country: United States (prefilled)
3. State: IN
4. Town: Waynetown
4. Click on "search' button
5. The search results are displayed below and there is another "vote" button following, click on this 'vote" button
6. The next page shows a picture of an animal and you will need to type in the name of the animal species to verify your vote
7. Click on the button below the bar
8. Done!!. . .and thanks
Thanks, again, for your support to make the lives of the friends the best as can be and the winnings would help this shelter do that so much better!!!
We need volunteers to help with many programs. We have a monthly volunteer day the third Sunday of each month.
As part of HFA's cost cutting and green measures, we are working to reduce our waste, particularly paper, and reuse materials whenever possible. That means our washing machine is working much harder. We've begun making our own, environmentally friendly washing detergent, which helps reduce costs and harm to our surroundings. Unfortunately, our washing machine is very old, and repairs only go so far. If you have an old washing machine to donate, please consider donating it to us. We're also looking for a riding lawn mower. If you know anyone looking to make donations of this type, please let them know our needs. Remember, donations to HFA are tax deductible.
THANKS FOR HELPING:
We would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to Pet Supplies Plus AVON, Big R of Crawfordsville, PORK CHOMPS and to Keepers in Lafayette, IN for opening their doors to our adoption events. Thank you also for letting us place our donation boxes in your stores. We would also like to thank our great volunteers who are making the donation jars and taking them around to the local businesses for us. Thank you to 106.3, 103.9, and 1550 WCVL for having us on their radio stations.
Few people are aware that HFA has a program whereby individuals may sponsor an animal. Sponsorship is an alternative to bringing a pet home, which for many people, for whatever reason, is not possible. Please call 765-866-1760 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.